Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fuse Labels.

A while back, I saw a picture of a fusebox lid with the original cardstock insert.



I thought it'd be handy to have one, since I can never remember which circuit is on which fuse without referring back to my Haynes manual. I fired up the desktop publishing suite and got to work.



Aside from adding an "R" (for "Reproduction") to the Volvo part number, I tried my best to match the original, including the perplexing reference to "Saxomat" on fuse #1 (possibly an electric clutch mechanism on automatic transmission equipped Amazons?).

For best results, print on 80lb or heavier cover stock, and use a 1/8" punch for the hole in the center.



I've uploaded a template for 8.5x11 paper here and one for A4 paper here.

5 comments:

Derek UK said...

Very neatly done. Thanks for that. Can you tell me the true/actual size of the label please? A straight print at PDF 100% shows as 94% on my printer and gives a label 1 1/8" x 2". I haven't been round to my garage to check yet but it looks a bit small.
Saxomat very rare. Available for early B16 models and the parts are shown in the parts book. I've never seen one on an Amazon but have seen it on a 2 stroke Saab 96 here in the UK.I'd suspect that Volvo only built a handful of them.

J. Jai said...

I think it may be printing at 94% because I laid out the template on 8.5"X11" paper, and I assume you're printing on A4. The label itself should be 30mm x 53mm. Let me know if you want me to send you a version sized for A4.

Derek UK said...

If I set my printer to 8.5" x 11" the label prints to 29mm x 51.5mm or 97%. Close but not quite there. Yes I'd appreciate a version for A4but best you measure up a test print and compare it to the real original, if you have one, before you put up a link for it or send it to me.
Thanks, I appreciate your expertise.

J. Jai said...

Sorry about the delay - I've uploaded a template for A4 (see post). Let me know if you want me to email it to you, or if you have any troubles with it. Thanks a lot for checking out my blog!

Derek UK said...

Thanks JJ.
Sorry to read about your small "crunch". Hope it didn't do too much damage.